Atom is a free, and open-source application that has been designed from scratch to act as a hackable text editor and programmer’s editor software. The main intent with which it is built is to help developer to write code easily. It has a feature-rich and highly customizable user interface.
Atom is the hackable text editor for the 21st century!
Features of Atom Text Editor
- Cross-platform software – meaning you can use it on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X
- FOSS – Free and Open Source Software
- Smart autocompletion helps you write code faster than ever before
- Built-in file system browser
- Find and replace feature
- Highly customizable
- 2000+ packages (plugins) to extend its capability
Get the latest Atom binaries from official webpage.
On Ubuntu and derivatives:
Atom is packaged in .deb binary. You can simply download the binary, and double-click on it to install it.
On Fedora and derivatives:
Atom is packaged in .rpm binary. You can simply download the binary, and double-click on it to install it.