Couple of months ago, KDE Plasma 5.10 was released. Today, KDE made an announcement of the fourth minor update for the stable desktop edition.
This release includes several new translations and fixes from KDE’s contributors. The bugfixes are typically small but important. According to the changelog, it looks there are around 36 fixes resolved across the Bluedevil, Discover, Plasma Addons, KWin, Plasma Desktop, Plasma Workspace, SDDM KCM, System Settings, and xdg-desktop-portable-kde. Here are some major new features in this 4th rolling release.
Major Updates in KDE Plasma 5.10.4
- Fix launching of resources for PackageKit and Flatpak in Discover
- System Settings, SDDM KCM, and xdg-desktop-portal-kde improved
- Flatpak backend improved
- Slightly cleaner code
- Fix picking colors in multi-screen in Plasma Addons
- Enhanced support for Mesa 17.x graphics stack
- Support for shaded windows in KWin
- Plasma Addons, Plasma Desktop, and Plasma Addons improved
- Fix incorrect screen edging while using switch desktop in KWin
- Fix icon size in launcher tooltips
- Fix launching widget in Plasma Workspace
For a complete list of 36 fixes, head-over to the official changelog from the source URL below.
Now that KDE Plasma 5.10.4 is released, it is important to note that the end of life (EOL) for the 5.10 is almost there. There will be only one bugfix release left, which means version 5.10.5 marks the end of this desktop version.
As per the dev team’s schedule, KDE Plasma 5.10.5 is scheduled to launch on August 22, 2017, which will also mark the end of life of the 5.10 series.
The team will then start focusing on the major KDE Plasma 5.11 development.