Shutter is unarguably the best screenshot capturing utility for Linux. Its powerful features plus the added plugins help you get most out of it. Unfortunately, it is not available for Solus.
The included screenshot capture utility in Solus is very basic, and may not be enough for most of the users.
Spectacle is a free screenshot capture utility that lets you capture images of the entire desktop, a single monitor, the currently active window, the window currently under the mouse, or a rectangular region of the screen. Though it is no way near the capabilities of Shutter, this is the closet you can get for Solus as of today.
Features of Spectacle
- Capture the entire desktop (default)
- Capture the current monitor
- Capture the active window
- Capture the window currently under the cursor, including parents of pop-up menus
- Capture the window currently under the cursor, excluding parents of pop-up menus
- Capture a rectangular region of the screen
- Start in GUI mode (default)
- Take a screenshot and exit without showing the GUI
- Start in DBus-Activation mode
- Save image to specified file in background mode
- Wait for a click before taking screenshot
Spectacle is available for easy installation from the ‘Software Center’. Simply search for it, and click ‘Install’.